Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thing #8-RSS Feeds

Well, I am playing with all sorts of new things and this is yet another one of them. I did enjoy the site, but honestly found that I do not surf the same sites as often as I thought to make them my RSS feeds. I thought of some that I do use and have added them to my reader. I can see where this would be important as a librarian or teacher. It is easy to mark files that you would want your students to use for tracking such things as current events.

I think an advantage of the RSS feed is that a teacher can have pre selected sites available that you would want the students to use. I also think it gives students a start into finding their own RSS feed ideas.
Technology is very important in today's society and I am slowly learning all the new things. I see that RSS feeds are important for librarians to use as it can help with the cross curriculum use for teachers. It also is good for the librarian to have these as the librarian can help with curriculum that is being taught in the various grade levels and can have RSS feeds ready to be used.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will find feeds and readers more useful as you build a collection of "experts" to follow. Allows you to save research time as well in that you only have to look at things that are updated.

    ReplyDelete